Written by two specialist Australian veterinarians—Dr Brendan Carmel and Dr Robert Johnson—is an essential reference in any herpers library. Filled with over 240 colour images to support the information, this easy-to-read 176-page text is laid out in a succinct format.
The basics of reptile and amphibian health and husbandry covered will equip you with the essentials in understanding how to care for your reptile, frog or turtle.
Complimentary to the specific species and titles produced by Reptile Publications, this title, written by exotic veterinarians, Dr Brendan Carmel and Dr Robert Johnson, is a much-needed reference for all herpers and an aid to veterinarians in educating their clientele on better husbandry to support their consults.
- Selection, Quarantine and Preventable Health Care.
- Husbandry and Housing—incorporates heating and the importance of thermo regulation, humidity, lighting and the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Hygiene—disinfecting procedures.
- Handling and Transportation.
- Breeding—sex identification, reproductive activity and psychology, sperm and egg development, cooling, parthenogenesis, courtship, fertilization, pregnancy and incubation.
- Anatomy of Snakes, Lizards, Turtles and Frogs.
- Sick Reptiles and Amphibians—provides basic first aid and emergency essentials.
- Diseases and Conditions—an expansive chapter detailing ailments for snakes, pythons, lizards, frogs and turtles in sections including infectious and non-infectious diseases and treatments.
A Guide to Health and Disease in Reptiles and Amphibians
- Product Code: BKHD
- Availability: 2